Thursday, February 23, 2012

Bookbinding: Part 1 - Printing Book

Well this is the first part of several on printing and binding your very own book. I definitely not a pro, but I certainly enjoy bookbinding.

First off, you need a book. I would suggest Google Books. They have basically everything, and if you select the "Free Only" or "Full View Only" option when you search, Google will only return the free results. They have most classics, aka out of copyright, for free. I chose Dante Alighieri's Inferno. Now whenever you have your book, you need to download it. I had to jump through a couple
hoops in order to get this to work. In the search results, click on the "Full View" link then 

Click on the "Full View" Link

click on the Download a PDF button in the right-corner. 

PDF button


Now you should have the full text of your book in PDF form. Whenever you open it up in Adobe Reader, you can view the full text of the book, or, as we shall do, print it!

I went for the double page printing, with 2 pages per side, like a real book. I folded the pages into 4 page signatures and then stacked them on top of one another.

~V 1.1~ 

 //If you have any topics you would like to see me write about, drop me a comment\\

No comments:

Post a Comment