Thursday, September 5, 2013

A Dare to Believe.

I'm at college. I made it to what Maya Angelou described to my class as "an institution of higher education". A place where all the reckless young bucks can build themselves a future writhing in potential and a dash of conformity.

Conformity is not necessary. The idealists tell me that. They decry from their fair perches that we can risk our chance at predictability for a life that is wholly free the prosaic cycle of normality that we see reflected by adults. School. College. Salary. Death. They tell us we don't have to repeat

repeat
repeat
repeat

repeat the cycle. We can be our own things that are not constricted by the confines of what the rest of "them" tell us to be possible. I like that philosophy. But, how much truth can be found in that? Who among us is willing to risk their (possibly) only chance of ~success~ for the promise of a chance to be different; and  that in that difference, one will find validation. Who among us is willing to believe that they can be the anecdote? The anomal. The one person who opposed the gradient and won their case for avowed uniqueness. I am. I believe that I can embody those things. I literally believe that my existence can be a thing to be respected and acknowledged.

I wasn't born with it, but I will learn, and that is my greatest strength.

Food for thought, my friends.
 ~V 1.0~

No comments:

Post a Comment